ECU related problems

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Tman3046
Passat model: B7

ECU related problems

Post by Tman3046 »

Can anyone help OR share their knowledge of any issues they may have had with ECU issues and fault codes.

In a nutshell (A big NUT!!!)

My passaat has ran like a dream and been spoilt with maintenance, so I look after it. A few weeks ago I nipped to the shop and noticed, the glowplug warning light com onto the dash, and the car went into limp mode. I returned home, and switched off, sat a for few minutes then started the car, which ran fine. Later the same day I used it again and within 30 minutes, I got glowplug then emgine management light followed by limp mode.

SO I arranged to take the car to the mechanic, which I did the following morning. Started like a dream, plenty of power but within 15 mins and whilst on route, warning light again and limp mode. Mechanic checks the car and explains I have a few fault codes showing, which he said didn't seem right. He then checks the plenum chamber and as many will know water!!!!!!, so we arrange a drop off for work. UPDATE: the chamber is cleared but he sends me a picture showing the ECU corroded. After numerous attempts to sort it, he explains after opening the ECU, checking and warning it up to ensure its totally dry, I still have faults showing.

I send the ECU off to ECUTesting expecting to pay for a rebuild or replacement, BUT they stated there were no faults and no damage to the ECU :0 . So I get the ECU back and get it back to the mechanic, who has refitted it, and explains that it is now showing a single fault (Waiting to find out the code), and the car does not continuously run smooth.

SO, the questions are;

- Has anyine with a B& experienced anything like this???

- Can anyone advise me on what it could be???

- What do I need to do to get my pride and joy, fit and health again???

Like I have dsaid before, the car has never let me down and has always ran like a dream, frustratingly my B5 had the same drainage issue, so it's a shame VW did not resolev the poor design!!!!!

Any advice, guidance or support woul;d be very much appreciated. :-bd

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login