Clutch pedal on the floor

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Beno
Passat model: B7

Clutch pedal on the floor

Post by Beno »

Problem is now sorted but just putting this up as a heads up for anyone with a similar issue. Thread title chosen as a likely search wording.

2014 2.0 tdi. 105k miles on the clock. Car running fine and parked up in drive. Next day I go to drive it and clutch pedal goes to the floor and stays there. Made calls and researched online and came to the conclusion that it was the master cylinder. Picked up a cylinder and got car into mechanic.

Turns out a dual mass flywheel and a clutch kit were needed. The slave cylinder in my car is an internal one and directly connected to the thrust bearing in the clutch housing and not an external slave mounted in the bulkhead (I've seen vids of the external slave in the same year car which seems odd)
I've seen the old parts that came out and they were fairly shot. The drive afterwards was a whole different animal so in hindsight, it was failing gradually but I was becoming used to it and adjusting my driving accordingly, not noticing the problem as it progressed.

Not a cheap fix btw. Circa €1k

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login