Parking Sensors

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Damianbinge86
Passat model: B7

Parking Sensors

Post by Damianbinge86 »

Hello all. Im new to the VW Scene, having had the passat a matter of weeks someone smashed me up the rear so a new bumper / boot was needed. I managed to find a second hand bumper the right colour but it has parking sensors fitted. I planned to just leave these in the bumper but not wire them up.

Upon delivery of the bumper the seller has included a load of the loom and also the control unit so i am now thinking of wiring them up. Only problem is i can find any info on the control unit in termsof wiring diagram and if it will just give me the use of the buzzer or will connect to my head unit as well.

The control unit in question has the part number 4M0168V3b on it, stamped VW but i know it is a Cobra At module. Is this standard issue or was it an aftermarket part. Would anyone happen to have the wiring diagram for the connecters? I have attached an image of the control module.

The left connector is the buzzer, the second connector is the one im intrestead in. it has a black, red and two blue cables. Im guessing +12v, gnd and then perhaps either reverse or can connection but i am unsure.

Can anyone shed some light as i cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere online.

TIA Damian
Parking Sensor Module.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.