egr simulator

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

roadwarrior
B1
Passat model: b8

egr simulator

Post by roadwarrior »

it seems an over zealous MOT man discovered a TAFMET egr simulator, which i think fools the egr valve into thinking its open. its been on at least 5 years ( before we bought it as an ex lease car) and had no idea it was there as we have never done anything to the car - just drove it. Needless to say it did not fail its emissions test but he felt compelled to remove it and now i want to put it back on of course. can anybody tell me where the longer connection goes ? from what i can find out from adverts selling it - it goes to an ecu plug somewhere - the lead is about 10 inches so cant be too far from the maf where the other 2 leads go. Your thoughts ?

By the way, i want to put it back on because of course the EML is on now - which the mot man now chose to ignore x_x breathtaking isnt it - super high standards including an advisery which included a number plate advisory which i told them about as it was sitting in the boot to be fitted !

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login