Advice on buying.Might be getting back into passats again!

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

crazypainter
B4
Passat model: b5

Advice on buying.Might be getting back into passats again!

Post by crazypainter »

I have spotted a 2007 2.0 170 sport that I searched for in this colourway years ago but never found one that ticked all the other boxes as well. But now I have and i am seriously tempted. Have spoken to the owner who is the only owner from new. He said it has never had n issue with the injectors or handbrake. It has full VW service history. I am just wondering where I stand with this as I thought the injectors were a def prob and its hat put me off a couple of years ago when I looked. Had VW ironed the problem out by 2007? Or what should I know? Also it has the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter??) I know nothing about this, does it need repalcing, I guess it does but when, and is it pricey etc any info on this most helpful. I wouldnt be doing a massive amount of miles as i have a work van and wonder if this would not suit the model, ie injectors not getting lots of long runs? I need to make a decison on this pretty soon so all advice greatfully recieved.
ta
WANT PINSTRIPING ? come on in and take a look..... http://www.crazypainter.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login