Air intake upgrades...faults?

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

TurboGerbil
B1
Passat model: B6

Air intake upgrades...faults?

Post by TurboGerbil »

Has anyone any experience with having any fault codes when they add some sort of induction kit to their passat?

The main reason I am asking is that I am going to be making my own induction system with an airbox. I know the gains won't be massive, it's just something different to do. I was thinking of getting one of those K&N filters that have the cylindrical surround and an intake/outlet, inlet being cold air feed and outled going onto the MAF. with there not being the most room I was thinking of taking the front of the box off so it gets the air straight from the top of the grille rather than having the trouble of routing the cold air pipe.

Also Modshack state there is an 18% restriction in the mesh on the actuall MAF, this is to smooth the airflow from the top of the standard air box. So I was also going to cut out the middle of the mesh as the air will be flowing nice and straight from the grill to the actuall MAf as there will be no bends anywhere and a cone filter within the cylindrical box.

If anyone has any opinions or advice please enlighten me :twisted: I just thought this might work out alright as every little helps.

Edit: Mine is the 2.0tdi 140 by the way with a REVO remap.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login