DPF removal from exhaust on 58 plate Passat

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

stupot58
Passat model: B6

DPF removal from exhaust on 58 plate Passat

Post by stupot58 »

I have owned my 58 plate 2.0tdi Highline Passat estate since May2012. she has 107,950 miles recorded and have just discovered that after renewal at 95k it needs cleaning or replacing every 19k after that. I bought her with 101k recorded and she has been dealer maintained all her life up to then so, I assume that the dpf was done at 95k.
I am saving up to have the engine re-mapped and at the same time the tuning engineer can professionally remove the dpf by cutting along the original welding seams removing it from the exhaust then re-welding over the same seams.
My question is; will it be worth my while having it professionally removed like this to save any future expense the dpf will cause and will there be any detriment to my engine or cause me even bigger problems?
I have always thought that if the manufacturer has seen fit to include all the parts on their cars then there must have been an extremely good reason for it, but in this case it is apparently just to strangle the exhaust for emissions sake and not to improve power, economy or smooth engine running.
Can anyone out there help or point me in the right direction please with any knowledgeable advice?

Regards, Stupot58

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login