Hate to do this - PROBLEMS

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Deann
Passat model: B6

Hate to do this - PROBLEMS

Post by Deann »

Hi guys, I hate to do this as a first post but I bought a B6 Passat on Friday off a guy that had the car as a trade in off a company.
The car came from Arnold Clark to a company as a company car. I bought it without any warning lights etc on the dash. It's a 55plate 2.0 TDi so it's the PD140. The engine seemed bulletproof for having 122k miles on it, looked clean enough etcetc. It had been serviced every year, belt and tensioner changed at 60k and belt changed again at 110k.

I was driving around for 2 days then yesterday when I randomly turned a corner the Airbag light came on and came up with an "Airbag Fault". I can deal with this for now as I know it's a 'common fault' on these cars and should be an 'easy' fix.
The main problem is last night I was driving up the bypass and the car shudders forward and goes into limp mode with the glow plug light flashing, I pull over and restart the car again and it goes away, still driving fine. Then today, after having sat in the drive since last night until 5pm I start her up - Engine Management light stays on then an "Emissions Garage" error message comes up. The engine still runs fine and everything feels fine haven't taken it on the bypass, kept it below 40mph.

I called VW earlier and they said the injectors had been replaced in May 2012.

What could be causing this error message, could it be faulty injectors again? Could it be a turbo fault?

Thanks in advance and again, I apologise for putting this up as a first post.

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login