Newbie with Passat Sport TDi few Qs

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

b6evo
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Newbie with Passat Sport TDi few Qs

Post by b6evo »

Hi all :)

Just purchased a 2006 06 Black Passat Sport TDi 2.0

It has done 172,200 miles with full VW history, was a lease car and then owned by a second owner for 6 years.

I paid £1800 for her. Is this a good price? I have full vagcom and have scanned her, no faults on her what so ever, runs a treat, had a cambelt at 134,000 (2nd one) no reicept for any other major work though, i imagine she has had a clutch and flywheel given the mileage. There is a slight tapping/clunking noise sometimes from the engine bay but its intermittent.

She has some rust bubbles on the front wings, around the door edges and around the chrome strips on the doors, took her down to VW about the free corrosion warranty as she is just shy of 10 years, they wouldnt fix the bubbles on the doors as they said it had had a repair in the past (use a paint depth guage) said they could do the wings if i produced the service history booklet, which I did, but then they said theyd need service reicepts and not all services have a stamp (ran out of space in the book so the back page has just been written on :( ) not sure where I stand with this?

Eitherway im not overly fussed, for what I paid for her.

Im just trying to tidy her bodywork up, the black paint looks very faded and flat so i will machine polish that back up. One issue im having is the chrome bumper strips, some are broken in situ, others are broken and have pieces missing, and i cannot for the life of me find them on ebay?

Ideally id like to replace them with the black strips, on the bumpers and also the door strips too, in black, mine are too damaged/worn to repaint or repair, any idea where i can get some of these?

Is there anything else on these that go wrong? Ive had a BKD 140 diesel MK5 before, that had a whiny turbo, however this passat is silent so im guessing its had a turbo at some point in its life.

:)

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login