Rust on my recently bought B6 (2010) Estate

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dennis
still on the production line
Passat model: B5 TDI 110 Est.

Rust on my recently bought B6 (2010) Estate

Post by dennis »

I've recently traded in my trusty old B5 estate for a 2010 R line 140 Passat estate. It's a very clean looking car, looks in great condition, has FSH.
However, I noticed a little rust underneath the leading edge of the bonnet, and on closer inspection this morning it appears to be rusting under the paint on the insides of the doors in places too, all seemingly coming from under the seam on the inside edge of the door/bonnet. The tailgate looks ok.
The rust is visible through the paint, but hasn't broken through yet. (I'll put some photos on later)

I was wondering, has anyone had any success getting VW to repair this sort of thing under warranty ?

I've got an appointment with the "warranty expert" at my local VW dealer next week. I'm thinking if VW won't fix it, I'll just trade it in for something else before it's too noticeable, and just have to take the loss.

I checked the car thoroughly before I bought it...just not in the right places !
I've had VW's for years, but haven't seen rust like this before on any of them.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login