Rear wiper motor constantly on!

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Nexus
Passat model: B6

Rear wiper motor constantly on!

Post by Nexus »

Hi guys! :cool: I'm a newby. Recently bought my 2001 4motion Estate, but wondered why the rear wiper didn't work. Upon inspection I found there was no fuse in situ, so put fuse in--only to find that as a result the wiper was constantly wiping; not intermitantly, as it should, but as in wash/wipe mode. Stalk operation made no difference, except to engage the washer motor. So, took off tailgate panel and plug connector to check wires: found 1 constant live, 1 earth and two other wires that each read 2 volts when stalk/switch was off, and no power when switched on--weird, I thought!

Anyway, here's the thing: I don't know whether the motor has a built in relay or if it's governed by the same relay as the front system. Does any body know, because I 'd hate to buy a relay, switch or wiper motor only to find I wasted my 'hard earnt' on the wrong part/s? Checked main dealers who said they were'nt sure, as it was a problem they seldom, if ever, came across. So, any wizards out there?
Thanks guys

Nexus

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login