Questions - Passat CC My First Diesel Car

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pintosal
still on the production line
Passat model: b6

Questions - Passat CC My First Diesel Car

Post by pintosal »

Hi All, just bought a 1 year old Passat CC Blue Motion, and although I've owned 6 petrol Passats over the last 30 years, it's my first diesel.

So I diligently read the owner's handbook,

In the handbook it talks about glow plugs, spare keys etc. But it's gobbledy-gook and it must have been written by a moron :sad:

Some questions though:

1. It implies that you have to wait for glow plugs to heat up when starting from cold. I thought that applied only to old diesel designs. :???:

2. It also talks about the 'spare key' which is the mechanical key concealed in the remote unit. Is it possible to start and drive the car with the spare key?

3. There is an electronic parking brake, and it says to leave the car in gear when parked. Is this really advisable?

4. I'm interested in getting the ECU remapped. Although it's 140bhp, for such a sporty looking car, it feels a bit dead. Does anyone have experience of remap on the Passat CC? Other threads I've read seem to be full of praise for remapping. Is there a down-side?

Can someone clarify please?

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login