Passat CC Cannot Re-map

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

pintosal
still on the production line
Passat model: b6

Passat CC Cannot Re-map

Post by pintosal »

I had psyched myself up for a remap of my 2011 Passat CC, and was excited at the prospect of going from 140 to 170bhp. B-)

A new insurance policy was lined up, and I was booked in for a remap with Angel Tuning in Banbury.

When I spoke to Tom (nice, knowledgeable chap!) :ymhug: he warned me that the ecu might have to be removed from the car, as the OBD port remap did not always work on some newer cars :roll: . But they have a rig and he assured me it was perfectly safe :-s .

This morning, off to Banbury in high spirits :-j .

I sat down with the newspaper and cup of tea in a spotless customer reception area, and even had free wifi to help pass the time while the tuner fiddled with bits and bytes B) .

Tom was right, the ecu did need to come out.

But, try as they might, with different software tools, my ecu refused to talk to their kit :twisted: . Apparently, a small proportion of ecus just won't play ball. They checked for fault codes (there were none) etc, and the car still drives fine.

I was gutted :( .

Has anyone else had a similar experience? More to the point, has anyone had a similar experience, but found a way round the problem?

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login