Who wants £30 for fitting a HID bulb?

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Wayne1612
still on the production line
Passat model: B7 Exec Style

Who wants £30 for fitting a HID bulb?

Post by Wayne1612 »

This is a serious question.

A couple of weeks back I bought some HID's from Ray (man_utd_99) from UKP (highly recommended for the record). Those of you who have fitted these already can probably guess exactly what's coming next....

The passenger side went straight in, no messing, no injuries and nothing damaged. The driver side however.......well, who on gods earth thought that putting the dumb washer bottle there was a good idea? WHO?

As you can tell the driver side is not going so well, so much so that I've seriously damaged the bulb and bent the insulated rod that runs up to the tip of the bulb. I've just got in touch with Ray to get hold of another one so when that comes to me I'm after somebody to fit the stupid thing for me so that I dont have to. (one attempt is enough for me on this job, especially as I've just cost myself more money by knackering the first one).

I dont care if you go through the wheel arch, remove the headlight or remove the washer bottle to get to it, I just want my HID fitted without taking 8 layers of skin off my wrists and arms and without cursing and swearing so much that the people in the next postcode have a fair idea that I'm not happy.

I'll even travel to you to do the job, thats how much I detest having another go myself. I'm in Chesterfield so clearly I'm going to choose somebody in Manchester rather than Morcombe, Nottingham rather than Norwich and Sheffield rather than Stenhousemuir......you get the idea.

Litterally, it's as easy as that. I rock up, bring you the parts, pay you the money and drive off a happy bunny. It'll cost you nothing other than the time and knowledge how to do the job.

Who wants it?

Another thing is, it needs doing before mid-March.
Last edited by Wayne1612 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login