New car - more woes...2 weeks in the garage

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

attila_tdi
B3

New car - more woes...2 weeks in the garage

Post by attila_tdi »

I'm at a loss on what to do here. I'm absolutely gutted have had the car just over a month and its been in the garage for over 2 weeks.

You may have seen I had this issue:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=85974&p=699390#p699390

The private dealer i bought it from agreed to have his garage look at it. They diagnosed injectors were overfuelling (just 1). They have taken them out and had them tested on a test bench. Nothing abnormal apparently other than one had a very small leak so they replaced the seals. They are going to refit them and test it. I said would it not be best just to replace them and the dealer is not keen as it will cost too much.

This has now taken 2 weeks and we still don't know if it will fix the underboost as per my logs or the poo starting from cold!

I'm togally gutted. I don't usually fall for traps but I feel like i have bought a bit of a dead duck. The dealer is also not helpful as he's reluctant to cover the costs of doing it properly even though I have a 3 month warranty which will probably expire by the time the car is returned!

Regretting buying it to be honest
Last edited by attila_tdi on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login