CV joint / driveshaft issue

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DMitch16
B7
Passat model: B6 Sport 170 DSG

CV joint / driveshaft issue

Post by DMitch16 »

Hi All

I have moderate vibration when accelerating at 35 to 55 mph and after inspection of my drive train have identified that the inner cv joint is quite worn with play in the tripod bearing in all directions.

The bit I need help with is obtaining a new suitable replacement shaft or inner cv joint kit. Shaft from VW is hundreds and the joint pretty pricey too. Has anyone with a 170 DSG Tdi ever replaced either the shaft or inner cv joint for less than £120 which is about my limit at present due to other financial commitments? I will be fitting it myself. Quality is high in the list and therefore a Q-drive budget shaft from ECP not an option.

Any suggestions of where I can source either would be greatly appreciated. Car details in my signature.

Thanks, Mitch
Mad Mitch
B6 2007 2.0 Tdi 170 Sport DSG, BMR Engine, Phone Kit, Alarm chirps, Fogs as DRLs, Rain Auto Closure + VCDS MicroCAN, Double Oil Pump Drive Failure! 225k blowing 0.05 March 2020

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login