Help Needed Please

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

onewatt
Passat model: B6

Help Needed Please

Post by onewatt »

Hello everyone,

Im in desperate need of help,

I brought a B6 back in November 2.0 Tdi engine code BKP, The car has been great and ive loved owning it, however on Monday I had a dash light come on. The handbook suggested it was a exhaust recirculation problem, so I ordered a scanner on amazon for next day delivery, that arrived on Tuesday and I scanned had had it confirmed with a code of P0402 that there was a problem with the EGR, so after much research on different forums I decided to have a go at cleaning the EGR.

I did this yesterday, I removed the inlet hose, the anti-judder device/throttle buddy, and the EGR itself, The valve was sized solid and there was a build up of carbon everywhere, I spent hours cleaning it , all carbon off, the valve freed off and working easily from the cogs below (if that makes sense) and I put everything back together again

Then I took it for a test drive, and it still drove terribly , I plugged the scanner back in to discover theres now a different code showing P0102 which is mass air flow sensor code, I again did some research and discovered that taking the power off the MAF sensor helps in deciding if its faulty. so I took the power off and it drove perfectly, to double check I put the power back on again and it drove terribly , as a triple check I took the power off and it drove amazingly , so I convinced myself a new MAF sensor was needed, I purchased that today and fitted it, a brand new component , took it for a test drive and it runs terribly again , I remove the power from the new MAF sensor and it runs like a dream

Can anyone help me in deciding where to look next ? its had a new MAF sensor so its not that, its still displaying the same code, the symptoms are rough idle, very low acceleration to the point of being juddering like a new driver would who can't master the clutch yet and black smoke, but as soon as I disconnect the power supply to the new MAF sensor it runs like a new car again... what am I missing ?? any help at all really appreciated

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login