remote central locking intermittent faults

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

daz_j
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

remote central locking intermittent faults

Post by daz_j »

Hi all, hoping for some advice please regarding my 58 plate 2.0TDi estate - the remote central locking system has a couple of intermittent faults:

1) The car appears to lock ok but later the hazard lights start flashing (no audible alarm). Unlocking then re-locking with the remote fob cures the problem. This is currently happening about once per week that I know of, though sometimes it resets itself after a period of time - workmates have told me the hazards are flashing but when I get to the car they're off again.

2) On two occasions recently the car doors wouldn't unlock with the remote, though the tailgate did unlock. I had to open the driver's door with the manual key.

Has anyone had similar issues, or can advise on how to track down which components are at fault please? I'm unclear if the two things are related. I'm also wondering if the flash sequence on the driver's door red indicator light gives any indication of the cause of the faults?

Regards,

Darren.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login