Fault Code P1264

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

onewatt
Passat model: B6

Fault Code P1264

Post by onewatt »

Hello Everyone,

Im in need of help,

My Passat B6 - 2006 - Engine code BKP has started playing me up. it feels like its coughing and missing, to cut a long story short I had it plugged into the proper computer at a local garage (VCDS) as I know thats the most common response on here. The guy in the garage said theres 2 faults with the car, 1st was a split turbo hose, which was easily rectified and is now resolved, the second was the code P1264 Injector 2 above control limit.

I have recently replaced the EGR valve, and the garage guy has suggested there maybe some disturbed carbon or similar now blocking the injector and suggested I run cleaner through and see if that resolves it, but also suggested it could be a bad injector or a problem with the injector wiring loom.

The car misses - especially when colder (not so bad once unto full temp) and throws out some black smoke as it misses.

My question is does anyone have any experience with this code, or this issue and does anyone have any better advise than what ive been given ?

Many thanks in advance for any responses