NSR EPB not operating

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

b6benb6
B1
Passat model: B6 Sport 140

NSR EPB not operating

Post by b6benb6 »

Hi all, have got an EPB problem that I can't see covered in any of the existing threads about EPB's, apologies if I've missed something though.

Yesterday morning on way to work there was an almighty bleeping all the way there but no warning lights on the dash. The only time it didn't beep was when the car was stationary.

On way home, same beeping, and now the epb button is flashing and the amber P with a diagonal line through it on the dash and red handbrake warning light flashing.

Jacked the back of the car up and the OS is gripping and the NS wheel is not. The rear pads are pretty warn to be fair and need replacing, so I will do new discs at the same time. Is it worth replacing the offending caliper and motor while I am there or is there a chance that the epb shut down on that side because of the pads being too worn, perhaps the motor in the epb can only push out so far?

Most of the threads are about epb being stuck on, trust me to have one that is doing the opposite.

I have already ordered a replacement epb switch off fleabay with the later part number as many people have suggested.

I don't have VCDS or anything similar, will this cause a problem if i replace the caliper and motor on the nearside?

Thanks in advance, hope everyone is keeping safe in these strange times.

Cheers

Ben
2006 2.0 tdi 16v 140 sport b6 wagon 150,000 miles

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login