No Aux 2008 B6 :-(

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Atko1985
Passat model: B6

No Aux 2008 B6 :-(

Post by Atko1985 »

Hi All,

Great forum which I will be using loads!

I bought a B6 today and unfortunately the original owner didn't opt for an AUX in. There is a covered plastic tab in the armrest and no sign in the glove box at all, it also does not have a 6 cd changer. (the orange tab that opens the drawer in the glovebox has a book logo on it rather than the music note)

Is it therefore likely that the stereo doesn't have a CD changer IN port? I will take it out and look later in the week but if people think it's a definite no go I might just order a new head unit. If I do take it out then what am I looking for? is it clearly labelled CDC IN or similar?

Also when I press CD twice it does not switch to AUX mode, is this another sign it wouldn't work if I just got an AUX in cable or does it only switch if a line is detected?

I've read the other similar threads so know what I need to do if I have a CDC IN port and that I'll need a new stereo if I don't but just don't want to replace it if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login