2006 B6 170 BMR Passat Troubled with P0322 & P0642

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

andyf1976
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

2006 B6 170 BMR Passat Troubled with P0322 & P0642

Post by andyf1976 »

Good Morning All,

I am new to this group so if I ask something stupid it will be unintentional so I will begin lol.
I have a 2006 bmr vw passat 170 sport and boy I love this car until recently .
The other day I was driving all ok as is most days with the car then the issues started , no power, unresponsive and glow plug light flashing as was the engine light permantly showing on the dash.
I'm lucky enough to have a head unit in the car that runs torque pro through the obd2 so I scanned the car and was presented with P0322 & P0642.
I wouldn't all me to clear the codes so I managed to get home and call my friend who is a mechanic and he said Andy it sounds like the cranckcase sensor has developed a fault its normally that as opposed to the camshaft sensor .
The next day he replaced the crankcase sensor which was a complete F##ker got everything back together and its the same, extremely hard to start, when it did tick over was high around 1200 rpm and undrivable.
I was totally cheesed off , so yesterday he replaced the camshaft sensor, and a new timing belt kit inc waterpump I thought this will deffo sort it but no still the same , he's head scratching and I'm head banging , I really don't know what to do next , the car isnt worth a lot I know that but I love it .
If anyone has experienced or has some help im all ears.
I f this has been covered before sorry.

Thanks in advance

Andy

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login