Parts search - balancer unit shell bearings

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DMitch16
B7
Passat model: B6 Sport 170 DSG

Parts search - balancer unit shell bearings

Post by DMitch16 »

Odd request but does anyone know where I can get the smaller balancer unit shell bearings / bushes? They have specific centre grooves in the ends of some to match up to the oil channels.

I can get a refurbished balancer unit for around £400 exchange but also know that these units are refurbished in a few countries (there is even a video of a Polish company doing it on YT). As I am a full hands on DIYer I would like to replace the shells / bushings myself and for what might be many times less than the cost of a refurb unit, as well as because I know how to.

Anyone know of a source for these parts or their part numbers (which I don't seem to be able to find). Any help appreciated and I realise I could try to obtain a low mileage used balancer unit but there is no guarantee that the shells inside would be in a good condition.
Mad Mitch
B6 2007 2.0 Tdi 170 Sport DSG, BMR Engine, Phone Kit, Alarm chirps, Fogs as DRLs, Rain Auto Closure + VCDS MicroCAN, Double Oil Pump Drive Failure! 225k blowing 0.05 March 2020

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login